- Tools for creating a terrarium:
- How to make a terrarium from a light bulb. step by step instructions
- Photo ideas for making a mini terrarium in a light bulb
Fun handmade items will always attract people’s attention, admiring skill and fiction. A miniature terrarium placed in a large light bulb can become such an object in your apartment.
Even an ordinary aquarium attracts attention, and even a terrarium in a light bulb with living plants will be the subject of close attention and delight of each of your guests.
Meanwhile, to make such a “magical” interior item is not difficult. Only desire, attention and patience are needed. Also, you need to follow simple rules when manufacturing a miniature terrarium and its operation:
- For soil in the light bulb, sand or pebbles should be used, the soil can quickly become moldy in a poorly ventilated place;
- You need to plant tiny plants in a light bulb that feed on air and do not need soil. This plant is called Tillandsia, it absorbs nutrients and water through the leaves;
- Use dry moss for decoration, it retains water better, which is important for the growth of Tillandsia;
- You can not keep the lamp terrarium in the sun or in the shade. The place of its maintenance should be well lit, but sheltered from direct sunlight;
- It is necessary to water and spray live plants inside the terrarium once a week with soft water, which does not leave salt stains on the glass. It is convenient to water the plants in the terrarium using a syringe without a needle.
Tools for creating a terrarium:
To make a miniature terrarium you will need:
- large lamp at 1500 watts;
- round-nose pliers (utiki);
- long tweezers;
- flat screwdriver;
- protective glasses;
- protective gloves.
How to make a terrarium from a light bulb. step by step instructions
one) Remove the bulb base. To prevent small fragments of glass from scattering across the floor, we do this operation on a cardboard box. We put on protective gloves and glasses.
2) We remove the metal tip with the utensils at the bottom of the bulb base.
3) After him, again with the ducks, we remove the black plastic part of the cap.
four) Using a screwdriver, we carefully break out all the internal parts of the bulb.
five) We take out the inner parts from the light bulb with the ducks. We must try to avoid sharp fragments around the inner edge that will interfere with the filling of the light bulb.
7) Sand and pebbles for the soil must be washed and dried. It is better to dry in the oven at a temperature of 300 degrees, destroying, thus, all pathogenic microorganisms that could be in the substrate.
eight) Only two tablespoons of sand are enough to fill the light bulb. It must be put in a light bulb after cooling sand through a funnel or using a corner of cardboard.
ten) We insert the plant into the bulb bulb with tweezers. Insert the plant forward with the lower end so as not to damage the leaves.
eleven) Additionally, a composition of pebbles, dried sticks can be placed in a light bulb. It is not necessary to overload the space in the terrarium. The main thing is to achieve a harmonious arrangement of all objects.
12) In the terrarium, you can put a small plastic figure of an insect or a frog, a lizard, to revive the composition.
13) After drawing up the composition, the terrarium must be tightly closed so that its own microcosm forms inside it. Otherwise, with such a small volume, everything inside the bulb will dry quickly and the plants will die. The lid can be a cut champagne cork, pebble or acorn.
Photo ideas for making a mini terrarium in a light bulb
As soon as you start to engage in an interesting hobby, imagination will tell you new interesting ideas.
Several mini-terrariums on one shelf will look beautiful. The bulbs must be placed under different slopes and with different compositions inside.
Instead of an “airy” plant with no roots, you can put mini-cacti in a light bulb that will feel great in dry sand.
The bulb can be positioned not only on the silicone legs, but also on an elegant stand made of durable wire, which is twisted around the base of the bulb in the form of a spring.
The terrarium located on a natural cobblestone will look beautiful. To do this, the prepared bulb must be carefully glued to the selected stone.
Such a terrarium is sometimes called eternal. If you make its cover airtight, then inside the terrarium its own microcosm forms, which will exist without external participation.
Water evaporates, condenses on the glass and again enters the soil, nourishing the plants. Plants release oxygen, decompose and turn into fertilizers for a new plant. The whole world in an incandescent bulb.